EGOV 2014 - home
IFIP EGOV 2014 will take place at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Date: 1st - 3rd September 2014
The annual international IFIP Electronic Government (EGOV) conference is the European core conference in the domain of ICT in the public sector. Each year, scholars from all over the globe present the state of the art and most recent innovations in e-government, e-governance and related fields of study. The conference is organised by the IFIP Working Group 8.5 on information systems in the public sector. Since its beginnings in 2001, the EGOV conference has provided important guidance for research and development in this fast-moving domain of study. The IFIP EGOV conference brings together leading researchers and professionals from across the globe and from a number of disciplines. Together with IFIP ePart, the sibling conference on electronic participation, and frequently affiliated workshops on emerging topics, the IFIP EGOV conferences have attracted around 150 participants on average per year from all continents including developing countries.
E-government research demonstrates its relevance to practice and, consequently, influences and shapes government strategies and implementations. Conversely, e-government practice also inspires e-government research.
IFIP EGOV brings together the scientific research community in e‐government from all over the world. The conference provides a highly interactive and professional forum for exchanging research concepts, progress and results.
See the ...
- Springer LNCS Proceedings EGOV 2014
- IOS Proceedings of ongoing research (link for open access will be activated soon)
- Outstanding paper awards
- Call for papers
- Submission guidelines and review criteria
- Submission of final camera ready paper
- Link to submission system
- PhD colloquium info
- Organisers and PC members
- Registration to the conference and fee info
- Electronic Government, 13th IFIP WG 8.5 International Conference, EGOV 2014, Dublin, Ireland, September 1-3, 2014. Proceedings, Springer LNCS 8653, Editors: Marijn Janssen, Hans Jochen Scholl, Maria A. Wimmer, Frank Bannister
- Electronic Government and Electronic Participation: Joint Proceedings of Ongoing Research, Posters, Workshop and Projects of IFIP EGOV 2014 and ePart 2014, Proceedings, Editors: Janssen, M., Bannister, F., Glassey, O., Scholl, H.J., Tambouris, E., Wimmer, M.A., Macintosh, A.
To stimulate new research, the tenth PhD Colloquium will be held as well which is dedicated to learning and understanding from each other. It will host topical threads of both conferences.
As indicated above, the IFIP EGOV will be co-located with the Sixth IFIP International Conference on electronic participation (IFIP ePart), which will be dedicated to topics on e-participation and e- democracy. IFIP ePart will take place slightly overlapping with the IFIP EGOV conference at the same venue. Participants registering for one conference can also attend the other conference for no extra charge.
We look forward to organise another year of successful discussion and networking among e-government and e-participation researchers and practitioners.
Announcements of future conferences of IFIP's WG 8.5:
In 2015, IFIP EGOV and IFIP ePart will take place in Greece. We are pleased to announce future tentative locations as follows: Spain, Russia, Egypt. The order of the latter locations is not yet settled.